- J Nadeau, R Rutter & F Lettice (2020) Social media responses and brand personality in product and moral harm crises: why waste a good crisis? Journal of Marketing Management – View Online – Download PDF – https://doi.org/10.1080/0267257X.2020.1764080
- R Rutter, J Nadeau, U Aagerup, F Lettice (2019) The Olympic Games and associative sponsorship. Internet Research – View Online – Download PDF – https://doi.org/10.1108/INTR-07-2018-0324
- F Medjani, R Rutter & J Nadeau (2019) Social Media Management, Objectification and Measurement in an Emerging Market. International Journal of Business and Emerging Markets – View Online – Download PDF – https://dx.doi.org/10.1504/IJBEM.2019.102654
- Al Serharn, B., Wood, B., & Rutter, R. (2018) The transparency of Islamic hotels:“Nice Islam” and the “self‐orientalizing” of Muslims? International Journal of Tourism Research – View Online – Download PDF – http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/jtr.2197
- Rutter, R., Chalvatzis, K., Roper, S., & Lettice, F. (2017). Branding instead of product innovation: a study on the brand personalities of the UK’s electricity market. European Management Review. – View Online – Download PDF – http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/emre.12155
- Rutter, R., Nadeau, J., Lettice, F., Lim, M., & al Shamaisi, S. (2017). Place branding of seaports in the Middle East. Place Branding and Public Diplomacy, 1-16. – View Online – Download PDF – https://doi.org/10.1057/s41254-017-0072-8
- Rutter R, Lettice F & Nadeau J (2016) Brand Personality in Higher Education: Anthropomorphised University Marketing Communications. Journal of Marketing for Higher Education. – View Online – Download PDF – http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/08841241.2016.1213346
- Rutter R, Roper S, Lettice F (2016) Social media interaction, the university brand and recruitment performance, Journal of Business Research. – View Online – Download PDF – http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2016.01.025
- Rutter R, Hanretty C & Lettice F (2015). Political Brands: Can Parties Be Distinguished by their Online Brand Personality? Journal of Political Marketing. – View Online – Download PDF – http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/15377857.2015.1022631
- Barnes, S & Rutter, R. (2019). A Framework for Facial Image Analytics Using Deep Learning in Social Sciences Research In B, Tobji (ED.), Digital Economy, Emerging Technologies and Business Innovation (ch. 25). Berlin, Germany. Springer Nature. View Online – Download PDF – https://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-30874-2_25
Rutter R & Dedoussis E. (2016). Workforce Localisation and Change Management: The View from the Gulf. In A. Goksoy (Ed.), Organizational Change Management Strategies in Modern Business (pp. 301-327). Hershey, PA: Business Science Reference. Download PDF – http://dx.doi.org/10.4018/978-1-4666-9533-7.ch015
- Rutter R. (2014). “A Retailer Perspective of E-commerce Brand Management” in E-commerce platform acceptance: Suppliers, Retailers, and Consumers. New York, Springer Publishing. ISBN: http://dx.doi.org/978-3-319-06120-7 – Download PDF
- Rutter R & Barnes S (2019) Using Big Data and AI to Examine Product Engagement in Social Media Influencer Posts. The 4th International Conference on Information Technology, Information Systems and Electrical Engineering (ICITISEE-2019). Harper Mangkubumi Hotel, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- Barnes S & Rutter R (2019) Social Media Influencers and Product Placement: Using Big Data and AI to Uncover Influencer Fit and Effectiveness. GC-EcoMan 2019. Kempinski Hotel Aqaba in Aqaba, Jordan
- Barnes S, Rutter R, Mattsson J & Sørensen F (2019). Patron Sentiment of Employee-Customer Interaction: Exploring Hotel Customer Reviews through Machine Learning.2019 Academy of Marketing Science Annual Conference. Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada
- Rutter R & Nadeau J (2018) Brand personality and positioning with associative sponsorship: Excitement and Olympic Gold! 13thGlobal Brand Conference, Academy of Marketing. Newcastle Business School, Northumbria University, Newcastle, United Kingdom
- Al SerhanB, Rutter R & Boulanouar (2017). Islamic hotels: this isn’t what I expected! 12thGlobal Brand Conference, Academy of Marketing. Linnaeus University School of Business and Economics, Kalmar, Sweden.
- Rutter R, Konstantinos C, Roper S & Lettice F (2016). Energy Sector Brands: Branding instead of product innovation: a study on the branding personalities of the UK’s electricity market. 11thGlobal Brand Conference, Academy of Marketing. School of Management, Bradford University, Bradford, England, United Kingdom.
- Best Paper Award:Williams W, Rutter R, Knight H (2015). A Study of the Convergence between Entrepreneurship, Government Policy and Higher Education in the Sultanate of Oman. 60th Annual ICSB World Conference:Entrepreneurship at a Global Crossroads. United Arab Emirates University, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
- Dedoussis V& Rutter R (2015) Workforce localisation in UAE and Oman: Challenges of a changing landscape. The International Conference on Organization and Management, Abu Dhabi University, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
- Rutter R, Al Shamisi S, Lettice F (2015). Communicating brand personality: are the websites doing the talking for top Middle Eastern seaports? Ports in Oman: Business Potentials, Opportunities and Challenges.College of Applied Sciences, Rustaq, Sultanate of Oman.
- Rutter R, Al Shamisi S, Lettice F (2015). The Importance of Brand Competence to Seaports in the Middle East. 10thGlobal Brand Conference, Academy of Marketing. Turku School of Economics, University of Turku, Finland.
- Rutter R, Al Shamisi S, Lettice F (2015). The Importance of Port Brand Personality Differentiation.2015 Annual Emerging Markets Conference.The Institute of Management Technology, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Rutter R, Lettice F & Barnes S. (2014). The Importance of Social Media for Validating University Brands. European Conference on Social Media 2014. University of Brighton, Brighton, England, United Kingdom.
- Rutter R & Lettice F. (2014). The Importance of Political Brand Personality Differentiation. 9th Global Brand Conference, Academy of Marketing. University of Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire, England, United Kingdom.
- Rutter R, Lettice F & Barnes S. (2013). An empirical Study of the Effect of Brand Personality Consistency on Recruitment Performance within the UK Higher Education Sector. 8th Global Brand Conference, Academy of Marketing. Catholic University of Portugal, Porto, Portugal.
Recent Press/Trade Coverage
- Rutter R and Maamari A. (2014). “Education quality in Oman needs monitoring”. Times of Oman. 20th August 2014, front page and online (http://www.timesofoman.com/News/38226/Article-Education-quality-in-Oman-needs-monitoring).
- Rutter R and Maamari A. 2014. “Higher education institutions need good marketing”. Oman Observer. 12th February 2014, page 9 and online (http://main.omanobserver.om/?p=55719).
Rutter, R.N. (2013). An Empirical Study of the Effect of Brand Personality and Consistency between Marketing Channels on Performance within the UK Higher Education Sector. Ph.D. Thesis. University of East Anglia: U.K. – Download PDF